HIGH quality sectioning with HIGH
performing instruments you can trust.
With over 100 years of experience, Leica Biosystems is the leader in sectioning solutions
for your lab.
Ask the leader in sectioning about optimizing your research workflow.
Register now for your 10% discount!
Download information featuring our “best-in-industry” instruments:
The Leica CM3050 S Research Cryostat publications
The Leica VT1200 S for precision cutting
The Resin Histology Methods for Stented Arteries using microtomes from Leica Biosystems
The Leica CM3050 S cryostat is designed for the demanding needs of cryosectioning in biomedical, neuro-anatomical and pharmaceutical research.
• Protects delicate specimens: Minimal vertical deflection protects delicate specimens during sectioning and results in more viable cells on the section surface.
• Unique sectioning preferences: Semi and fully automated cutting modes accommodate your unique sectioning preferences.
• Blade Holder for double edged razor, injector or sapphire blades support safer blade handling. A second blade holder helps avoid contamination of specimens.
• Built-in software: Built-in software remembers individual operational parameter settings for up to 8 users.
• Magnetic specimen holders: Magnetic specimen holders support easy specimen handling and reproducible orientation.
Reduce repetitive motions that can contribute to musculoskeletal disorders with the powerful, fully automated Leica RM2265 rotary microtome.
Designed for fully motorized sectioning of both paraffin- and resin-embedded specimens, the Leica RM2265 supports a broad spectrum of applications; in routine and research laboratories; in histology; in industrial materials and quality control.
Its two-in-one design concept, which allows motorized and manual sectioning, provides reproducible high-quality sections.
• Alter the frequency: To quickly accommodate different application needs, a user can alter the frequency between 0 and 100Hz, and select the appropriate amplitude between 0.2 to 1mm in 5mm steps.
• Adjustable knife advance speed: The instrument features a very fine adjustable knife advance speed between 0.025 to 2.5mm/s, a programmable sectioning window, and specimen retraction.
• Fully automated cut mode: Accelerate the sectioning process: the VT1000 S features a high-speed knife return stroke of 5 mm/sec as well as a freely programmable sectioning window which ensures extremely quick sectioning of even the smallest specimens.
• High quality sectioning: An adjustable specimen retraction feature protects the specimen from damage during the return stroke of the knife.